That event you‘ve been spending countless nights planning for and dreaming of is coming up quick. Not only are you responsible for putting this shindig together, but you’re also responsible for getting the people there! If this is you, here are a few tips on how to upgrade your form and promote your event to ensure folks actually register and attend!
It’s the first thing a potential registrant will notice on your page because we as humans are visual! You may think that means lots of pictures and visual content… Well, not exactly. I’d recommend going the ‘less is more’ route! Simplifying your form can be a challenge and I get that, but you’d be surprised how you can still get your point across with a clean sign up process and give registrants everything they need to know. Here are some things that will help you make your form less distracting more appealing:
- Add a logo! Brand your event so your registrants won’t be able to get it out of their mind.
- How about uploading an image of registrants having the time of their lives at a past event?
- Try adding a subtle background image that adds some depth and contrast to the form so that it’s still an easy read.
Have you ever come across the challenge of figuring out how to provide all the info you’re needing without having your page looking like a novel? Here are a few tips to help simplify your form by providing just enough information your registrants need to know! The TITLE of your event should be specific but concise. Is it a run? What is the name of the event? Is it a yearly event? How about putting the year in the event title? Information is awesome to have, but how can we make the important points stand out?
Here are some questions to ask yourself and answer for your registrants:
- WHO? (“Can I bring my wife, dog and kids to this thing?”)
- WHAT? (“What will I be doing? Should I bring my water guns?!”)
- WHEN? (“When is this event taking place again?”)
- WHERE? (“Where is this happening? Do I need my snow chains?”)
- WHY? (“Why on earth should I be coming to this?”)
Now I know that might have sounded a little dramatic, but trust me, these are the questions your registrants will ask! And when they do, you’ll want to have the answers to them readily available.
This is where people get really excited! Everyone wants to feel like they’re getting a good deal! Here are some ways you can incorporate discounts to allow your registrants to feel like they are getting steal at your registration fee.
- Coupon codes? Yes please! These are a fun way to allow the registrant to see the price drop after they type in the magic code!
- Facebook and Twitter are huge hits these days. Try out our Share & Save button, where they can share it on social media AND save a dollar!
- Gotta get that family discount! Put together some package deals and your family registrants will love you for it!
- Discounted limited supply! “Say What?! I better hurry!” This will create a sense of urgency for your registrants ensuring they don’t procrastinate and actually sign up.
- Buy one get one free? “Can I buy 10 and get 5 free?!” Nothing says, “Screamin Deal” like a bogo discount.
Now that you have a sweet-looking form with all the nitty gritty details and you got those discounts worthy of being raved about, you’re ready for the registrants to start flowing in. It’s time to get out there and promote your event! And it’s really simple. Ready? Here’s how…
- Social media — Allow your registrants to blow their Facebook feed up with the Share and Like button so their social network of friends can see! With social media, your registrants can do the advertising for you.
- Website — Place a button on your website to redirect your registrants to the registration form. Don’t be afraid to include a “Register Now!” button on every page of your website, so whenever an individual decided they’re on board to participate in your event, the opportunity to do so is available.
- And last but not least, for your URL. Try to keep it short and sweet! The longer the URL the more likely your registrant will get lost in the world wide web.
But wait there’s more! Are you still looking to make your form a tad bit more swag-a-licious?
- Actions – Check out our new conditional logic functionality setup through Actions. With Actions, you’ll become like a genie making awesome things appear and disappear.
- Merchandise – How about adding some swag for your registrants to wear? Merchandise is a great feature to display accessories to give your registrants a variety to choose from!
- Widgets: Raising a certain amount of money? Check out our thermometer widget where you can watch the tube magically fill up. Or if you’re looking for a countdown ‘til registration opens, or even a roster widget, we have those too!
Phew! Now I know that was a lot, but you’ll do great! Here’s your mission: Use these new tool belt tips to create the most awesome registration form ever! Your registrants will never be more excited to sign up and who knows, you might even impress yourself in the process. Click HERE to explore our super rad Help Center to find more tools to enhance your registration form!