Terms of Service for usage of RegFox, TicketSpice, GivingFuel, RedPodium and Grouprev – software products made by Webconnex LLC
You are viewing the Terms of Service for Webconnex products which include RegFox, TicketSpice, GivingFuel, RedPodium and Grouprev. These software products are made by Webconnex LLC.
You, the Licensee (“Licensee”), and Webconnex, LLC, with offices at 455 Capitol Mall Suite 604, Sacramento, CA 95814 (“Webconnex”), as of the Effective Date, agree to be bound by this Licensee Agreement & Terms of Services Policies that may be updated from time to time online at www.webconnex.com/terms-of-service
Webconnex is the provider of certain software products and services under the trade names RegFox, TicketSpice, GivingFuel, RedPodium and Grouprev.
Licensee acknowledges that Webconnex owns all right, title, and interest in and to any products, Services, tools, know-how, processes, documentation and software used or created by Webconnex in connection with this End-User Agreement. Licensee acknowledges and agrees not to claim any right, title and interest in and to the Services and, except for the express authorized usage contained herein or with Reseller, no such right, title or interest is transferred to Licensee.
2. OUR RESPONSIBILITIES.
2.1 Provision of Webconnex Services. Supplier will (a) make the Webconnex Services, Content and Client Data available to a Client pursuant to these Terms, (b) provide applicable standard support for the Webconnex Services to Client at no additional charge, and/or upgraded support (for an additional charge, if applicable), (c) use commercially reasonable efforts to make the Webconnex Services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except for: (i) planned downtime (of which Supplier shall give advance electronic notice as provided in the Guidelines), and (ii) any unavailability caused by circumstances beyond Supplier’s reasonable control, including, for example, an act of God, act of government, flood, fire, earthquake, civil unrest, act of terror, strike or other labor problem, Internet service provider failure or delay, or denial of service attack.
2.2. Protection of Client Data. Supplier will maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for protection of the security, confidentiality and integrity of Client Data, as described in the Guidelines. Those safeguards will include, but will not be limited to, measures for preventing access, use, modification or disclosure of Client Data by Supplier personnel except (a) to provide the Webconnex Services and prevent or address service or technical problems, (b) as compelled by law in accordance with Section 7.4 (Compelled Disclosure) below, or (c) as a Client or User expressly permit in writing.
The Services may be performed using equipment or facilities located in the United States. The Supplier’s US service providers are either Privacy Shield compliant or have executed Standard Contractual Clauses (as approved by the European Commission) that provide legal grounds for assuring that, when processed in the United States, the personal data of EU citizens that are processed by Webconnex customers when using the Webconnex Service will receive from the Supplier and its service providers located outside the EU an adequate level of protection within the meaning of Article 46 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).
By agreeing to these Terms, the Client grants the Supplier a general authorization in the meaning of Article 28 (2) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 to engage processors for the purposes of providing the Webconnex Services. The Supplier will inform the Client of changes in such processors in accordance with the procedure of modifying these Terms as stipulated in section 3 of these Terms.
List of processors:
Amazon Web Services
Hosting services in US (Privacy Shield certified).
Hosting services in US (Privacy Shield certified)
3. CLIENT DATA
3.1 Uploading Client Data to Platform. If the Client uploads Client Data to the Platform, such Client Data and any processing of such Client Data must be in compliance with these Terms and applicable law. All rights, title and interest in and to the Client Data belong to the Client or third persons (including Users, persons and Organizations) whether posted and/or uploaded by you or made available on or through the Webconnex Services by Supplier. By uploading Client Data to the Platform, Client authorizes Supplier to process the Client Data. The Client is responsible for ensuring that:
- the Client and any of the Users associated with the Account do not create, transmit, display or make otherwise available any Client Data that violates the terms of these Terms, the rights of Supplier, other Clients or Users, persons or Organizations or is harmful (for example viruses, worms, malware and other destructive codes), offensive, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, defamatory, hateful or otherwise unlawful; and
- the Client and all of the Users associated with the Account have the necessary rights to use the Client Data, including to insert it into the Platform and process it by means of the Account.
3.2 No Guarantee of Accuracy. Supplier does not guarantee any accuracy with respect to any information contained in any Client Data, and strongly recommends that you think carefully about what you transmit, submit or post to or through the Webconex Services. You understand that all information contained in Client Data is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Client Data originated. This means that Client, and not Supplier, is entirely responsible for all Client Data that is uploaded, posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available through the Webconnex Services, as well as for any actions taken by the Suppliers or other Clients or Users as a result of such Client Data.
3.3 Unlawful Client Data. Supplier is not obliged to pre-screen, monitor or filter any Client Data or acts of its processing by the Client in order to discover any unlawful nature therein. However, if such unlawful Client Data or the action of its unlawful processing is discovered or brought to the attention of Supplier or if there is reason to believe that certain Client Data is unlawful, Supplier has the right to:
- notify the Client of such unlawful Client Data;
- deny its publication on the Web Site or its insertion to the System;
- demand that the Client bring the unlawful Client Data into compliance with these Terms and applicable law;
- temporarily or permanently remove the unlawful Client Data from the Web Site or Account, restrict access to it or delete it.
If Supplier is presented convincing evidence that the Client Data is not unlawful, Supplier may, at its sole discretion, restore such Client Data, which was removed from the Web Site or Account or access to which was restricted.
In addition, in the event Supplier believes in its sole discretion Client Data violates applicable laws, rules or regulations or these Terms, Supplier may (but has no obligation), to remove such Client Data at any time with or without notice.
Without limiting the generality of the preceding sentence, Webconnex LLC complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and will remove Client Data from the Platform upon receipt of a compliant takedown notice.
Webconnex LLC as the data processor will assist the Client as the data controller in meeting the Client’s obligations under Regulation (EU) 2016/679, providing subject access, and allowing data subjects to exercise their rights under Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
3.4 Compelled Disclosure. Supplier may disclose a Client’s confidential information to the extent compelled by law to do so. In such instance, Supplier will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide Client with prior notice of the compelled disclosure (to the extent legally permitted) and Client shall provide reasonable assistance, at its cost, if Client wishes to contest the disclosure. If Supplier is compelled by law to disclose Client’s confidential information as part of a civil proceeding to which Supplier is a party, and Client is not contesting the disclosure, Client will reimburse Supplier for its reasonable cost of compiling and providing secure access to that confidential information.
4. DATA PROCESSING CONTRACT
For the purposes of Article 28 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, these Terms constitute the data processing contract between the Client as the data controller and the Supplier as the data processor. The Client hereby instructs the Supplier to process the data as described in these Terms.
4.1 Subject matter and nature of processing. The Supplier provides the Platform where the Client, as the data controller, can collect, store and organize the personal data of data subjects determined by the Client. The Platform has been designed to work as a sales CRM tool but, to the extent not regulated by these Terms, the Client decides how they use the Platform.
4.2 Duration. The Supplier will process data on behalf of the Client until the termination of the Webconnex Services in accordance with these Terms. Upon termination, Webconnex will store the Client’s data for a period of six months, should the Client wish to reopen the Account to resume the use of the Webconnex Services or to export Client Data, unless instructed otherwise by the Client. The Supplier deletes or returns all the personal data to the controller after the end of the provision of services relating to processing, and deletes existing copies unless Union or Member State law requires storage of the personal data.
4.3 Parties’ rights and obligations. The Client’s rights and obligations regarding Client Data are provided in sections 4 through 10 of these Terms. The Supplier ensures that persons authorised to process the personal data have committed themselves to confidentiality or are under an appropriate statutory obligation of confidentiality. The Supplier takes all measures required pursuant to Article 32 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679. The Supplier undertakes to make available to the controller all information necessary to demonstrate compliance with their obligations and to allow for and contribute to audits, including inspections, conducted or mandated by the Client as the data controller.
5. LICENSEE COVENANTS.
Licensee agrees the Services provided by Webconnex for Licensee under this Agreement may not be resold or otherwise transferred by Licensee to any person or party. Licensee agrees that it shall not directly or indirectly (i) modify, enhance, alter, or prepare derivative works based on any of the Services, (ii) decompile, decode, unlock, attempt to discover the source code of, or otherwise reverse engineer, any of the Webconnex Services, (the “Reverse Engineering”); and (iii) assist, enable, or permit others to do the foregoing.
6. WEBCONNEX COVENANTS.
Webconnex does not guarantee any level of success in terms of donations, registrations, sponsorships, sales, memberships, or any other aspect of this Agreement.
7. WEBCONNEX RIGHT TO SUBCONTRACT.
Webconnex may subcontract all or any portion of the services to be performed by it hereunder. Webconnex is authorized to disclose Confidential Information (as defined in Section 6) of Licensee as is reasonably necessary for Webconnex to perform its duties hereunder through any subcontractors; provided that any recipient of such Confidential Information shall execute a confidentiality agreement with restrictions at least as stringent as provided in Section 7.
8. AUTOMATIC PAYMENT OF LICENSE FEES.
Licensee agrees and understands that Webconnex shall process agreed upon licensee fees on a monthly basis. Licensee fees shall cover the use of licensed product for the month following payment. Payments will automatically recur each month. Payments may be in the form of Mastercard, Visa, Debit Card or Virtual Check. Licensee may terminate agreement at any time in writing; however, no refunds of license fees will be paid for unused days in the month of receipt of cancellation request. For questions and requests for refunds, please email us at email@example.com
Licensee indemnifies and holds Webconnex harmless from and against any lawsuit, claim, damage, liability, or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred by Webconnex as a result of any third party claim against Webconnex pertaining to the content on Licensee’s website, for any patent, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right of any third party that relates to any information provided to Webconnex by Licensee, or for any violation of any of the terms of this End-User Agreement.
“Confidential Information” of a party shall mean all confidential or proprietary information and documentation of such party, whether or not marked as such. Confidential Information does not include (i) information that is or becomes generally known to others, but not as a result of breach of confidentiality obligations or other wrongful acts; (ii) information that was known to the receiving party at the time of disclosure; (iii) information learned from a third party holding same lawfully and not subject to confidentiality obligations; and (iv) information required to be disclosed by law, regulation, or court order, to the extent such requirement is actually imposed and only after prompt notice to the other party. Licensee and Webconnex agree to hold the other’s Confidential Information in confidence; to use the other’s Confidential Information only to perform the duties and exercise the rights set forth in this Agreement; and not to disclose the other’s Confidential Information to third parties (except authorized employees and agents having a reasonable need to know) without the disclosing party’s express prior written consent. Licensee and Webconnex shall safeguard the other’s Confidential Information against unauthorized use and disclosure with means at least as secure as it employs to safeguard its own Confidential Information, and in no event with less than reasonable means. The obligations of confidentiality herein shall survive the termination of this Agreement for so long as the information at issue continues to meet the definition of Confidential Information.
11. OFFENSIVE CONTENT & USE.
Licensee agrees to NOT upload or display any content that: (a) contains nudity, sexually graphic content, drug use (implied or literal), or material that is otherwise deemed explicit, or in poor taste by Webconnex; or (b) content that contains threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive, hateful, or racially, religiously, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. Further, licensee agrees NOT to use Webconnex to sell tickets for, raise donations, create registration for any organization or event involved in the above. Doing so will result in removal of your campaigns(s) and immediate termination of your account. Webconnex reserves the right to refuse service to any campaign it deems to be in poor taste.
12. PROHIBITED USES
By using Webconnex Products and or using WePay as a Merchant, you also confirm that you will not accept payments or use the Service in connection with the following activities, items or services:
- Adult or adult-related content, including performers or “cam girls”
- Alimony, child support, or other court-ordered payments
- Bath salts and herbals
- Buyers clubs, discount clubs or membership clubs
- Check cashing, or payment for a dishonored check or for an item deemed uncollectible by another merchant
- Computer repair or maintenance services, such as antivirus programs
- Cruise lines
- Credit counseling or credit repair agencies
- Credit protection or identity theft protection services
- Counterfeit or possibly counterfeit goods, such as designer handbags, clothing and accessories, and consumer electronics
- Debt collection, consolidation, or reduction services
- Digital goods including digital currency
- Direct marketing of subscription offers
- Distressed Property Sales and Marketing
- Door to door sales
- Drugs, alcohol, or drug paraphernalia, or items that may represent them
- Doctor assisted suicide, abortion and any other activity that ends human life
- Factoring, liquidators, bailiffs, bail bondsmen
- Financial services, such as cash advances, bill payment, loans, prepaid cards, wire transfers, or sales of money orders or foreign currency
- Gambling or betting, including lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, off-track betting, fantasy football, memberships on gambling-related internet sites and wagers at races
- Hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime
- Infomercial merchants
- Internet pharmacies or pharmacy referral sites
- Inbound or outbound telemarketing businesses including lead generation businesses
- Licensed or franchised goods or services, such as Apple products
- Live animals
- Magic, enchantment, sorcery or other forms of yet-to-be-explained science
- Medical equipment
- Multi-level marketing businesses, pyramid or Ponzi schemes
- Obscene or pornographic items or acts
- Pharmaceuticals, including medical marijuana
- Prepaid phone cards or phone services
- Prostitution, escort services, massage parlors, and other potentially sexually related services
- Real estate or motor vehicle sales
- Rebate or upsell programs
- Scrip-dispensing terminal
- Sexually explicit content, events that coordinate sexual encounters, sexual acts or encourage sexual interactions with other individuals.
- Timeshares, timeshare resales and related marketing
- Tobacco, cigarettes, or e-cigarettes
- Unlawful activities or items, or activities or items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others regarding the same
- Violent acts towards self or others, or activities or items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others regarding the same
- Weapons, including replicas and collectible items, or ammunition or other accessories
- Weight loss programs
You will not accept payments by American Express card in connection with the following activities, items, or services:
- Equities (including stocks, bonds, or any other ownership position in a corporation)
- Goods or services to be delivered more than four (4) months in the future, with an intention of gaining return on investment
- Internet auctions
- Political parties
- Telecommunications (including wireless, cable, satellite, wireline, and ISP)
- Travel industry (including car rental, lodging, and other travel tour operators)
In addition, you may not use the Service for:
- Collecting and storing credit card number, expiration date, or cvv outside the billing fields that work directly with payment providers. You cannot request, store and save this information in any manner that is outside the billing protocols. Violators will have their accounts terminated and the data expunged.
- Collecting, storing and saving full social security numbers.
- Impersonating any person or entity or falsely claiming an affiliation with any person or entity;
- Collecting, or attempting to collect, personal information about users or third parties without their consent, or using such information except as necessary to use the Service;
- Sending unsolicited offers, advertisements, proposals, or junk mail or spam to others. This includes, but is not limited to, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other solicitation materials, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, chain mail, informational announcements, charity requests, and petitions for signature;
- Accepting payments for goods or services provided by someone other than you;
- Providing yourself or others with a cash advance from a credit card;
- Any illegal purpose, or violating any local, state, national, or international law, including, without limitation, laws governing intellectual property, taxation, and data collection and privacy;
- Defaming, harassing, abusing, threatening, or defrauding others;
- Posting, transmitting, or distributing content that is false, misleading, unlawful, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, hateful, abusive, inflammatory, or that violates the rights of others (including rights of publicity or privacy);
- Damaging, disabling, overburdening, or impairing WePay or Webconnex, including without limitation, using the Service in an automated manner;
- Interfering with another user’s enjoyment of the Service, by any means, including by uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, adware, spyware, worms or other malicious code;
- Competing with Webconnex, WePay or Webconnex’s business partners;
- Sending or receiving what Webconnex considers to be funds for something that may have resulted from fraud or other illegal behavior;
- Abusing the payment card system or violating the Operating Regulations, in the reasonable opinion of the Networks or WePay;
- Acting as a money services business or money transmitter;
- Transferring funds between bank accounts held in the same name;
Creating an Account that is linked to another Account that has engaged in any of the foregoing activities. Webconnex may use evidence other than your Account information to determine whether you control an Account in someone else’s name, including but not limited to Internet Protocol addresses, common business names, phone numbers, and mailing addresses.
If Webconnex determines that you have received funds resulting from fraud or a prohibited activity, those funds may be frozen, returned to the Purchaser, or seized.
14. CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Webconnex will provide a reasonable level of customer service between the hours of 9am to 5pm Pacific Time, Monday through Friday. Customer Service may be available outside of these hours for an additional fee. Webconnex will not be responsible to provide any customer service directly with Licensee’s customers, subscribers, members or clients.
Licensee acknowledges that Webconnex may use Licensee’s brand, logo or name in conjunction with case studies, customer examples, product showcases on Webconnex’s website, email communication with customers, printed material and other promotional tools used by Webconnex.
16. LIMITATION OF WARRANTY.
All SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, REGARDING SUCH SCOPE OF WORK OR SERVICES’ ACCURACY, PERFORMANCE, OR ANY OTHER MATTER. WEBCONNEX DOES NOT WARRANT THE SOFTWARE OR WEBSITE ARE WITHOUT ERROR OR THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE IN ITS OPERATION OR THAT THEY SOFTWARE WILL SATISFY LICENSEE’S REQUIREMENTS. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING HEREIN TO THE CONTRARY, WEBCONNEX HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. WEBCONNEX MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR PROMISE NOT EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.
17. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
WEBCONNEX’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES THAT YOU MIGHT INCUR (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) SHALL NOT EXCEED LICENSEE’S MONTHLY BASE LICENSE FEES FOR A TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, WEBCONNEX SHALL NOT (A) HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO LICENSEE FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUES, DATA AND/OR USE), REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OR LIABILITY (INCLUDING TORT, CONTRACT AND NEGLIGENCE), AND EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF; OR (B) BRING ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT MORE THAN TWELVE (12) MONTHS AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF WEBCONNEX IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WEBCONNEX IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS
18. EQUITABLE RELIEF.
Licensee recognizes that the covenants contained in Sections 1,2,3,5 and 8 hereof are reasonable and necessary to protect the legitimate interests of Webconnex, that Webconnex would not have entered into this End-User Agreement in the absence of such covenants, and that Licensee’s breach or threatened breach of such covenants shall cause Webconnex irreparable harm and significant injury, the amount of which shall be extremely difficult to estimate and ascertain, thus, making any remedy at law or in damages inadequate. Therefore, Licensee agrees that Webconnex shall be entitled, without the necessity of posting of any bond or security, to the issuance of injunctive relief by any court of competent jurisdiction enjoining any breach or threatened breach of such covenants and for any other relief such court deems appropriate. This right shall be in addition to any other remedy available to Webconnex at law or in equity.
Licensee may terminate this Agreement immediately, at any time, by delivering a written termination notice to Licensor; however termination any time prior to the last day of the month will result in the forfeiture of any license fees paid for that month’s service. Licensor may terminate this Agreement at any time by giving at least sixty (60) days’ prior written notice; provided that Licensor may terminate this Agreement immediately by delivering a written termination notice to Licensee upon the material or continuing breach of this Agreement by Customer or if Customer infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of Licensor. Upon termination of this Agreement, (i) each party shall return or destroy, at the election of the other party, all Confidential Information of the other party, (ii) all licenses granted hereunder shall terminate automatically, and (iii) each party shall cease using or displaying all materials licensed and/or provided to it by the other party. All transactions in progress prior to the date written notice of termination is deemed given (or such later termination date specified in the notice or herein, if any) shall be completed by Licensor and Customer shall remain liable for the fees and charges associated with such transactions. The following Sections of this End-User Agreement shall survive its termination: 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,and 14.
This End-User Agreement is binding on and inures to the benefit of the successors, assigns, and legal representatives of the parties; however, Licensee’s interest shall be assigned only with the prior written consent of Webconnex. No transfer or assignment of this Agreement shall release Licensee from its obligations. No waiver by either party shall be a waiver of any subsequent breach of or failure to perform the same or any other term, condition, or obligation hereof. Each party shall be solely responsible for making any governmental filings or reports which such party is required to make as a result of the transactions arising out of this Agreement. It is agreed by the parties hereto that venue of any action arising under this Agreement shall be in Sacramento County, California, and the laws of the State of California (excluding its conflicts of laws rules) shall govern this Agreement. Should any part of this Agreement contravene public policy, or laws of the jurisdiction in which it is sought to enforce the same, then such part shall be considered null and void and have no force and effect, and the balance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall remain valid and in full force and effect. Any required notice under this Agreement shall be in writing and delivered to the contact person for notices designated by a party (i) by personal delivery, (ii) by facsimile transmission when receipt is confirmed orally, (iii) by overnight courier upon written verification of receipt, or (iv) by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, upon verification of receipt.
Updated: May 22, 2018